Last Updated 21 Nov 2019
- Browzly Ltd (we, us, our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- For the purpose of data protection laws (including the GDPR), the controller (also known as the data controller) is Browzly Ltd 71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H9JQ.
- Our nominated representative for the purpose of data protection laws is Bhavna Mishra (firstname.lastname@example.org)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- In providing our Services, we may collect the information, which may include without limitation, from you:
- 2.1 Information submitted or obtained upon your school’s registration- about yourself such as but not limited to your name, school name, class name, address, email address, password, city; and about your family: such as your child’s/family member’s names, genders, names of their profile, passwords, school affiliations, class etc.
- 2.2 Information that you provide or give consent to your schools to share in public or private forums or chats or otherwise voluntarily submit through our product features.
- 2.3 Students and Family members cannot create a Browzly account by themselves. They must be invited to Browzly by a teacher or school administrator. Where these invited users have permission to use Browzly, Browzly collects personally identifiable information about them including their names, email addresses, class name and photographs. This information may be entered by a teacher or the student or populated from the student’s account with a third party sign-in service, such as their Google account.
- Information that you provide when communicating with us such as through email communication
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Content: Browzly also collects content that is added to a class or student account. This content may be notes, hyperlinks, videos and other ways of documenting student reading updates. We regularly add types of information that can be uploaded to Browzly, and these are all covered by this Policy. We also collect comments on posts in your community section which may be text, or if you allow Browzly to access the camera on your device, video recordings
- Messages: Browzly collects messages that are sent and received in Browzly by any of its registered users.
- Information from your Google Account or other Third Party Sign-in Service: Browzly allows admins, teachers, parents, and students (after being invited by a teacher) to sign up for and log into our service using their email Account. When you sign up for an account using an email Account, the email provider such as Google may send us the full name, profile picture, and URL of your Google+ profile associated with your Google Account. Browzly may also receive additional information, such as publicly available information on your Google+ profile
- We and our service providers may also collect information from you as you use our Services, including:
- 8.1 Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer or device type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to help ensure that the Services function properly.
- 8.3 Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compiled statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- 8.4 IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- 8.5 By aggregating information: Aggregated information does not identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who live in a particular city).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- 9.1 to verify your identity and your school;
- 9.2 to provide you with personalized visits to our apps & web portals;
- 9.3 to provide you with our services which your school has signed up for (including additional services added by us from time-to-time);
- 9.4 to identify you so you can log-in to our site;
- 9.5 to share your personal information with other our partners (detailed below);
- 9.6 recommend non-personalized sponsored competitions and events which may be of interest to your school members
- 9.7 to develop our offers and the layout of our site to ensure that our services are as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- 9.8 to contact you;
- 9.9 to send out email alerts you may have signed up for to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- 9.10 In relation to children and pupils, we may include your name and primary school by your work published on the site.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- Your information may be disclosed:
- 10.1 If you have created an account with BROWZLY, we may publicly associate your profile (or your child’s profile), including their first name and name of your school with a User Submission (as defined in our Terms of Service) created by such profile. Please keep this in mind when you or your children create User Submissions.
- 10.2 If you are a child, other children, teachers, admins in your own school and your own parents or legal guardians may view your profile and updates. When you are tagged in another student’s posts, your name and profile may also be visible to their parents and legal guardians. However, please keep in mind that information (whether Personal Information or Children's Personal Information or not) or content that you voluntarily disclose online (in your “communities) becomes available to other users and can be collected and used by others, in accordance with the privacy settings on Browzly, or in accordance with the User Category to which you belong. Any captions or other content that you submit to the Services in a manner any other user can view may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels. For example, if you are a child, the content you contribute to your community via comments, quizzes or reviews in the form of text or videos will be displayed to other members of your school; however, we cannot control what members of your school will do with such content after you have disclosed it.
- 10.3 For the benefit of the larger community, your first name and submitted content may be publicly displayed to other users including those outside of your school when you share content such as book reviews, which may be text or video reviews and book quizzes.
- 10.5 To our service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- 10.6 To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- 10.7 As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- 10.8 We may use and disclose information that does not identify or otherwise directly relate to an individual for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. For example, we may share aggregated information publicly to demonstrate growth trends related to the usage of the BROWZLY Service in certain areas.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PUBLICLY
- When you use BROWZLY, certain types of your information may be publicly available within your school community.
- 11.1 Information that may be publicly available: for example your profile information
- 11.2 BROWZLY Online ID: when you register as a user, you may choose an Online ID. When you use BROWZLY, your BROWZLY Online ID is your public nickname and may be visible to all BROWZLY users. Other users in your school, such as people whom you interact with online, can use your BROWZLY Online ID to send you messages or chat.
- 11.3 Profile picture: when you set up a BROWZLY account, you or your school may choose to upload a profile picture for your BROWZLY account, in which case, this will be visible to others.
- 11.4 Information you choose to share publicly. You are responsible for any content you post on BROWZLY, any information you share with other users on BROWZLY, this content or information may be accessible to others.
- 11.5 Your community: You reading activities including but not limited to reviews, books read, wishlists, likes, and comments will appear in your school’s community feed and will be visible to other users within your school. We recommend you consider carefully what information you share.
- 11.6 Our use of the information you choose to share with your school community: We and our affiliates may use the content that you share via our products and services for commercial and promotional purposes. Please see our software usage terms and BROWZLY terms of service for more information.
TRANSPARENCY AND CONTROLS
- We understand and respect your privacy concerns at BROWZLY. Accordingly, we provide you with the ability to make certain choices related to our collection, use, and sharing of your information. These choices may include:
- 12.1 You may edit or delete information such as your picture, displayed name, in your user account
- 12.2 You may request access to the personal information that we have collected on your account and ask us or your school to change or delete it
- 12.3 CHILDREN AND PARENTAL CONTROL Only schools, through their teachers/administrators, can create and activate an account to add their students, teachers, and parents to use the services of Browzly. If your school has invited your children to use Browzly, they are required to obtain a written consent from you (their parents/legal guardians) prior to signing up your students on Browzly, or alternatively, agree that they are acting as the parent's agent and providing consent to use Browzly.
- 12.4 You are advised to always supervise your children's use of devices and BROWZLY at all times
- We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 13 unless we have prior consent from their schools who in turn must have the written permission from their students’ parents, to disclose personal information to us, for the use of BROWZLY services and features.
- Any child under the age of 13 using BROWZLY must do so with permission from a parent, as authorized to their school.
- We encourage parents to take an active role in their children's activities and interests on their devices.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
- In circumstances where your personal information is collected, we use reasonable procedural and digital security measures that are designed to help protect against the loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of information and data, such as password protection and secure socket layer. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us on email@example.com
- BROWZLY endeavors to keep your information private; however, we cannot guarantee security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information. For additional information about the security measures we use in connection with the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to opt out of marketing communications from BROWZLY you can do so by emailing us. If you would like to contact us with questions or feedback, please email: email@example.com